Re-Roofing in Greater Manchester.
If your roof is starting to look worn down or is showing signs of damage, then you will need to look at re-roofing your property. At JM Contractors, we can provide our expert advice on how best to install a new roof on your property.
Often, when there is a problem with their roof, people will look at having repairs made. While this is fine for many minor problems, any large issues or persistent problems are best fixed by installing a new roof. Though it may seem like the more expensive option, most roofing repairs are required due to a repeated problem. This means that these homeowners are spending more money, in the long run, having to have the same problem fixed year on year.
With JM Contractors, we can visit your property and provide our expert advice on whether your property would be best suited to a roof repair or re-roofing. We follow a simple, but highly effective, re-roofing process:
- We visit your property and assess your existing roof.
- Order the new materials that are required for the task.
- Erect any relevant scaffolding around your property in order to allow easy access to your roof.
- We then carefully strip away the existing roof materials. We start at the top of your roof with the ridge tiles and work our way down. We then remove the laths so that only the main roofing structure is left. From here we can remove and replace any rotten or split roof joists.
- The timbers are then covered with a layer of Sandtoft breathable felt, which is layered from the bottom of the roof to the top. This allows any water that penetrates the roofing tiles to run down the roof and into the gutter. Even before adding any roofing tiles, you can consider the roof to be waterproof.
- Tile battens are fixed onto the roof. These must be spaced correctly in order to allow the proper overlap of each tile or slate.
- Roof tiles or slates are then fitted to the battens.
- Any ‘first fix’ leadwork is now fitted, such as soakers or secret gutters, and covered by the tiles.
- All remaining leadwork is completed in order to make sure that your roof is completely watertight. This includes fitting flashings and ridge tiles.
At JM Contractors we work closely with Sandtoft and their materials on any roofing task that we undertake. Sandtoft products are made from the highest quality materials available for roofing. These include:
- Cassius Clay
- Rivius Clay
- Breathable Felt
- Calderdale Concrete
- Double Roman Concrete
- Lindum Concrete
- And Much More!
At JM Contractors, we use the Sandtoft Koratech Classic Breathable Felt to help protect your property from any adverse weather. This underlay can also act as a temporary roof for up to a month in an emergency. There are plenty of advantages to having a Sandtoft Koratech Classic Breathable Felt, including:
- Can be used in warm and cold roofing and on any roof type.
- Vapour permeable yet watertight.
- Has a role in reducing condensation risk in your roof space.
- UV and heat resistant.
- Easy to cut and to handle
- Can be used as a temporary roof cover.
- And much more!
Additionally, we can complete any lead flashings on your property and we are fully insured for any roofing project. We also make sure that we clear away all waste at the end of each day. This means that you can rest assured that you are in safe hands with JM Contractors! For more information on the re-roofing services that we can offer throughout Greater Manchester, call us today on 07731732342 or send us a message through our contact page.